Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday!


Today is the first Thankful Thursday and I'm excited to get started :D
I do have a recap of the past couple of weeks to give to you as well, but I'll save that for another day.

So, why am I starting TT? Well...there are many reasons, but I suppose it all begins with the movie UP. I'm sure everyone has seen the movie by now, but can you believe that I just finished watching it, not thirty minutes ago? Really, I just watched it.

All I can say is that, I wish it hadn't taken me so long and that it was, to put it in few words, beautiful. It was the kind of movie that makes you stop and remember how special and wonderful a day with someone you love can be, no matter what you're doing. I think Russell put it best, "I know it sounds boring, but it's the boring things I remember most."

That one statement alone, made me want to start TT, because we often forget to appreciate the boring stuff that makes life worth living. I'm especially guilty of this given my flair for the dramatic and tendency to get myself into the craziest situations. So, although I have many misadventures to document, I also have little moments to capture before they slip away.

I am so thankful. I am so thankful. I am so thankful.

Thank you life for bringing me here where I have a huge dysfunctional, one-of-a-kind family to love and friends who are there for me no matter what shenanigans I get into and a cat who is so like my child that I could never question her love.

Thank you for everything, even this mess of summer that has helped me learn about myself and is slowly helping me grow up a bit. And thank goodness that I still have time to grow up because I know I'm taking my time about it.

I'm so filled with love and gratitude right now that I could make kittens and ponies stop to say how cute I am. Yep.

I love you ever so much!

<3 Laughing Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment