Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm pinned to the earth

Pinned to the earth
1:There's a fire in the sky
And I'm pinned to the earth

You keep coming by

With your heart in reverse


But I won't look
Because I've know hurt


2:You were blowing a cold wind

Staring up into the sky

And I kept coming by

Quoting every loving verse


It seemed you didn't care
And I was hurt

1: A chill caught up to me
Thrilling to my bones
I finally looked up to see
But you weren't alone

You were holding her hand
And it left me bruised

2: Like every dream I ever had

I had to wake up sometime

There was a fire in the sky
But we were on the ground


I had to go on

And let go of the pain


1: I was a step behind

And so, I missed the mark

My heart was blind

I was running from the spark


So you walked on

What did I learn?

And we both hurt



It's sort of like a duet, but I don't know...I think I lost my mojo. This one doesn't translate well. I guess you would have to hear it the way I imagine it, because it sounds stupid otherwise. I have so much to say, but I have to go to sleep before I collapse. Hopefully, I'll have time to write something more interesting soon. My world is just upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment